Wednesday, July 4, 2012

moving day

I really couldn't be happier to be leaving Mexico city.
or, I hope I'm leaving. I tried to check in, got sent to a long line of automatic machines, wouldn't work for me, got sent inside, waited in line, got sent to another room, waited in line, was told to go back to first room, threatened to cry, got a pass but not a guaranteed seat (too many people), begged some more, thru security, found coffee, found another guy to beg, more tears at the ready, and got an assigned seat. I'm exhausted and it's only 9:20.
I'm not convinced that I'll get on the flight and hope my bag finds its way to me somehow.
I think I'm gonna try only buses and boats for the next month or so. I really don't like airports.

I don't know if it's a social program or coincidence, but all airport guides pointing out directions are in wheelchairs. and they're all so happy to help me! friendly faces are so welcome today.

No comments:

Post a Comment