Wednesday, January 23, 2013

tasmania

i decided to spend my last week in tasmania, seemed like a cool thing to do.  i emailed with a scuba company and they set up a sea dragon dive for me tomorrow so that's where i booked a hotel.  all the hostels were again sold out so this is officially the most expensive place i've stayed.

and to my great surprise, only because of my lack of research and other sea dragon locations, i find myself in a big horrible city again.

when i thought of tasmania and looked online i saw mountains and lakes and rivers and adventures and surf and scuba diving.  it never occurred to me that i was flying into the capital city of one of the australian states.  grrrr.

i caught a shuttle from the airport and was one of the last dropoffs so i got a bit of a city tour and what a letdown.  i was thinking of small beach towns and backwoods laziness but instead i think i'm in downtown seattle.  not what i prepared for.  and not even a good seattle, i had to walk blocks and blocks from my hotel to find wifi at a pub.  boo.

so i'll do my dive then go to the tourist agency and find a new town to live in, something without 6 lane roads and maybe some greenery.

i got a bit behind on my blogs, spent a great week in coolangatta, but that post will have to wait until i have more than 8% battery left on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment