Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Homeless...

Today is a momentous day in starting the journey, I'm officially homeless.  After a great breakfast saying goodbye to Colleen, Haku and Kala, I cleaned out of my apartment.  Moving out has been in the works for a month now but seeing it empty made me sad and anxious.  I'm sad because it won't be long until I have to say goodbye to everyone, and I'm anxious because this trip is really happening.  Pretty scared, actually.  I've never put all my stuff in a backpack and just wandered around and I really don't know what to expect.  Everyone tells me that I'll have a great time and meet lots of new friends and love it but until I get started I'm kinda freaked out.
So until Saturday I'll be roommates with Solbug and all I have left to do is pack what I'm bringing and take the rest to storage.  And clean out my truck.  That'll be tough too, I've had that truck for 13 years.  At least she's going to a good home.

My fave orange slippers.  Poor things didn't make the packing list.
Hard to let things go.




2 comments:

  1. Very cool Sis!
    It takes a brave soul to wander about the world with a backpack on and no plan. It also makes life that much more delicious. I shall return and read more later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well i'm not so certain whether its brave or cluelessness in my case. why don't you join me when school gets out?

      Delete